Old 25-04-2009, 03:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
atec 7 7 atec 7 7 is offline

Default Mice in garden now in house

YMC wrote:
Rats! Sometime back I saw that there were mice in my compost bin. I don't
put food scraps there except vegetables - but it must be nice and warm
inside during Winter time.

One of them got into the house. I was watching the History channel yesterday
when I heard something rattling away at the toaster. I paid no attention to
it. When I went to make some toast - out popped a small little mouse.

It ran into a small hole inside a cupboard wall. (Meaning its not in the
cupboard but somewhere in its interior gaps.)

I got one of the old fashion traps and one of the new modern plastic
eco-friendly ones which doesn't kill the animal.

I thought of borrowing my friend's cat for the weekend. Its quite good at
catching mice apparently. But I don't know how
effective that would be.

Would it help?? I know its an odd question to ask.

At the moment its just one. I hope. Occasionally I leave the doors open when
I do my cooking - must have got in that way.

Bromakill sell a feed block , drop one of those through the holes and
wave goodbye to your mouse .(smell is minimal)