Old 25-04-2009, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I'll get those pesky squirrels .............

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:25:19 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
I have made mouse traps out of five gallon buckets, and a tin can on a wire
stretched over the open end. Wipe peanut butter on the can, and when the
mouse steps out on it, it spins and dumps the mouse in the water.

I have been fighting squirrels all spring. Tomorrow a king size version
goes up, and we'll see how the squirrels do. Going to get two more for
other positions on my property.

Will keep you posted.

Steve

Simple cheap solution: procure one barn cat.

We have a stray neighborhood cat with one eye. He got into a fight
with a squirrel. The hawks prefer snakes over squirrels, but
thankfully squirrels are fairly easy to trap. A small price to have
two full grown hickory trees.