Old 25-04-2009, 05:00 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Mice in garden now in house - News Update

I borrowed my friend's cat for the weekend.

And I set up a trap using the "humane mouse trap"

http://www.humanemousetrap.com.au/

I bought it at Bunnings for about $2.60.

Smeared the end with peanut butter. But seemed to have no success for a day
or so.

My friend brought his cat over. After dinner it was attracted to the trap.
It wasn't activated.

Then the cat stuck its hand inside as if it was trying to get at something.

I thought it was playing around -

I picked the trap up but the trap seemed a tad heavy. I shook it - but
didn't hear anything rattling inside.

I called the cat over - by this time it seemed to have lost all interest.

Popped open the lid - and out popped a mouse. Very small like a small
computer mouse - and the cat jumped on it straight away.

Played with it for awhile - then ate it. It must have loved the taste of
that mouse because after that - it didn't want to have anymore milk or
commercial cat food. But instead went to hunting mode. I guess there may be
more than one mouse in the house hahaha.