Old 25-04-2009, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Starry Eyes

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:34:41 +0100, K wrote:

Bertie Doe writes

Thanks spider, from what I've read so far it's shade tolerant and is
derived from Forget-me-nots.

No, it's not derived from Forget-me-nots - wherever you read that is
giving misleading information. Forget-me-nots are plants in the genus
Myosotis, which is a genus of plants in the Borage family. Omphalodes
is a separate genus in the same family. So they're related to
forget-me-nots, but certainly not derived from them

My Mother had a big clump of omophalodes, variety not known. which
sprawled about but never seeded itself. I tried several times,
unsuccessfully, to root bits of it.
Mother's gone now, an probably so has the plant!

Pam in Bristol