Old 14-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Buzzy

Default Plants at Wal-Mart

I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter (in Mount Pleasant, TX) last
week to
look at some flowers for my gardens. They were the most pitiful looking
things I've ever seen! I almost cried! At least 3/4 of their plants
(flowers, veggies, EVERYTHING) was either dead or dying. Seems to me

they
should hire some people for that department that know what the hell

they're
doing I'm thinking I may call the corporate offices and complain.

Poor
plants, didn't have a chance with the people they've got working there

now!
Maybe I should go work there, LOL! Ok...just wanted to vent...

Angie

Yet another reason not to shop at the Evil Corporate Giants. Go to a
local garden center instead. Yeah, I'm preaching, I know.

I calls it giving rational advice. I go to local garden centers where
I am known, treated with respect, cheerfully offered exchange-refund
on request if plants/seeds N.G., and generally feel I am dealing with
human beings instead of an "Evil Corporate Giant" (love it!)

Polar

Personally, I love to go to the road side stands that we have along a few of
the lesser travelled highways here in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. They
have some excellent choices for bedding plants, and they take excellent care
of them too. Most are grown on site (not all), and best of all, I find that
the individuals who work at these places are very knowledgable! Besides, I
can trade a banana box filled with Canna tubers for a hanging planter every
year!

Buzzy