Old 25-04-2009, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Question aboutmixture for killing japanese bettles

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:13:45 -0500, "Joe" wrote:

A guy was telling me to use a mixture of Seven concentrate and Dawn liquid
dish soap with water in my sprayer. He said this would take care of the
problem if I sprayed every couple of days, and to start spraying on Mother's
Day. Do any of you know anything about using this mixture, and does it
work? If I go ahead and try it I want to make sure that my fruit trees
flowers are done being pollinated. I would be very interested in your
opinions. Thanks for your help.

Yes this will work. I would not think you need to reapply it unless
it rains. I hand remove the beetles using a wide mouth jar and 1/2"
of warm soapy water. When disturbed most beetles drop straight into
the jar and quickly drown. Seven may kill beneficial insects such as
ladybugs and spiders so use sparingly. Our J.beetle infestation lasts
about 2 weeks, then subsides. What others say, the milky spore
application did absolutely nothing, making it a waste of time and
money for my gardens.