Old 25-04-2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] is offline

Default Question aboutmixture for killing japanese bettles

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
"Joe" wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Apr 25, 11:30 am, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

A guy was telling me to use a mixture of Seven concentrate and Dawn
liquid
dish soap with water in my sprayer. He said this would take care of
the
problem if I sprayed every couple of days, and to start spraying on
Mother's Day. Do any of you know anything about using this mixture,
and
does it work? If I go ahead and try it I want to make sure that my
fruit
trees flowers are done being pollinated. I would be very interested
in
your
opinions. Thanks for your help.

I thank you for your replies. Several of you have suggested picking
them
off by hand. This would be impossible for me to do since I have 8
fruit
trees, 3 grape vines and a garden to boot. Even if it were possible
pick off I would fill up a 50 gallon barrel and would be spending
several
nights and days to do it and the next day the bugs would be right back
at
it. Some of the environmentalists wackcos out there criticize me for
using
chemicals. They don't seem to understand any person with half a brain
would
use insecticides in a responsibly manner. Oh I almost forgot it's
BUSH's
fault that I get these beetles. Why not blame it on him, they blame
everything else on him.
Thanks again.

signature
database 4035 (20090425) __________

http://www.eset.com

Milky Spore. Goggle it.

I did.

http://homeharvest.com/milkyspore.htm
Milky Spore Powder
Japanese Beetle
and Grub Control
St. Gabriel Laboratories' Milky Spore is a naturally occurring host
specific bacterium (Bacillus popillae-Dutky). This product is lethal to
a familiar destructive summer-time pest. It targets and discriminately
works to attack the white grubs of Japanese Beetles.

The adult beetle feeds on fruits, flowers, shrubs, garden plants and the
foliage of some field crops. At the immature beetle stage, the grub
enjoys feeding on the roots of grass and other vegetation to include
stems of plants.

Turf inoculation treatments / applications with MILKY SPORE puts in
place an on-guard protective blanket on your lawn.Considered the weakest
link in the chain and the most vulnerable point to introduce an
infection, resident spores in treated turf are swallowed by grubs during
their normal pattern of feeding; this starts the demise of healthy
grubs. Milky Spore disease then begins to cripple the grub, and within
the next 7-21 days will eventually die. As the grub decomposes, it
releases billions of new spores.

Milky Spore IS NOT harmful to beneficial insects, birds, bees, pets or
man. The product is approved and registered with EPA, Milky Spore will
not affect wells, ponds or streams.

The ideal way to combat area infestation is through organized community
efforts. Large areas treated with Milky Spore can result in long term
control.

Condolences to Kate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbaryl
Carbaryl is a cholinesterase inhibitor and is toxic to humans. It is
classified as a likely human carcinogen by the United States
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA.)[1] It kills various beneficial
insect and crustacean species along with intended pest victims, so care
must be taken when spraying where beneficial nontarget species are
present. Carbaryl is acutely toxic to HONEYBEES (HELLO!), destroying
colonies of bees foraging in an area where the chemical has been applied.

But it is made by Bayer, so how bad could it be? VERY.

So this idiot found himself in a position of under-think and now that he
is in a hurry, it is "collateral damage" time. That used to be a bad
phrase back in the day of Timothy McVeigh.

How very very bush of you.
--

- Billy

Why do you hate our troops, you non-patriot?