Old 26-04-2009, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Planting in mounds, Wampanoug technique

General Schvantzkoph wrote:

Has anyone tried this technique?

When I tried just corn and beans, even with planting the beans a bit later
the vines grew much faster than the cornstalks. Also, this technique is
going to produce masses of tangled foliage, so probably not useful for
picking immature green beans rather than at the dry stage.
I suspect my soil fertility is not good enough to get away with the three
sisters method.