Old 26-04-2009, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hardy Geraniums

Jeanne Stockdale wrote:
I have a number of large clumps of hardy geraniums but have a continuous
problem of grass growing up the middle of them.

Is there a selective "weed" killer which will kill the grass and not the
plants? Someone suggested "Checkmate" but, having googled, I can't find
anything.

Would be grateful for any helpful suggestions.

Jeanne

There used to be something available many years ago (alloxydim), but it was
removed from the market. I doubt there is anything available to the
amateur. The only thing I can think of is to let the geraniums die down in
winter, and before they start to sprout in spring give the grass a spray
with glyphosate when the weather promises a couple of warm days.

--
Jeff