Old 26-04-2009, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Horse mannure?

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"alan.holmes" wrote in message
What vegetables should I use horse manure for?

I have put some down for the potatoes, but what other things need it?

Alan

most veg will benefit from as much as you are likely to put on but it
would be advisable to put the root crops in it the following year
after application

Would it be good to mix in with the compost?

Yes, with the proviso that it's well-rotted - unless you're growing
celery or (real) caulis there.

--
Rusty