Old 26-04-2009, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default I'll get those pesky squirrels .............

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:31:09 -0500, wrote:

you dont understand reproduction? squirrels crank out more than one litter per years
and after a while there are simply too many squirrels for the amount of "wild" food
and the amount of natural living spaces. then they begin eating their way into
houses (made of wood much like trees) and eating everything in sight. at some point
the population explosion has to be thinned out to reasonable levels. in my case it
is NOT MY HOUSE, NOT MY FRUIT TREES.

Ingrid

I do understand reproduction. I also understand loss of habitat,
human overpopulation and caring for the world in general, not just my
species. Obviously you see things differently. IMO, we humans are the
responsible ones if nature is unbalanced and it's up to us to come up
with responsible solutions. My idea of responsible doesn't involve
extermination.

Kate - but then I enjoy squirrels

If they had a better food source, would they harm the mulberry?

Kate