Old 26-04-2009, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Horse mannure?

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"alan.holmes" wrote in message
What vegetables should I use horse manure for?

I have put some down for the potatoes, but what other things need
it?

Alan

most veg will benefit from as much as you are likely to put on but
it would be advisable to put the root crops in it the following year
after application

Would it be good to mix in with the compost?

Yes, with the proviso that it's well-rotted - unless you're growing
celery or (real) caulis there.

Ok, so if it is mixed with the compost (in the making) ie kitchen waste etc
it will be ok for anything?