Old 26-04-2009, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_11_] SteveB[_11_] is offline

Default I'll get those pesky squirrels .............

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
I have a bird feeder. It's called a lawn. Got ready to go out to the garden
this morning, but when I looked out the front window, there were 218
billion birds having some sort of feast on the lawn. Maybe I'm exaggerating
and it was only 183 million. More than I've ever seen on my lawn at one
time. I decided to read the newspaper for 1/2 hour until they're done.

I don't understand the fascination with bird feeders. I don't live in a
wildlife sanctuary. I'm in a "regular neighborhood". There's no shortage
of birds. Friends who have feeders don't seem to attract anything more
exotic than what I see in my yard. This is upstate NY. What do some people
hope to attract with their feeders? Cockatiels?

This morning, I had lazuli buntings, canyon wrens, American goldfinches and
grosbeaks. The most color I've seen in months.