Old 26-04-2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Vegetable fertilizers

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:23:13 -0400, "Andy Petro"
wrote:

I grow tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers but I am at a loss as to the type
of fertilizer to use and how much.
Every one sold in the gardening centers has a different ratio and they all
claim to be the best.

Some plants need more than others, peppers less. A soil test kit and
the cheap fertilizer works for me. I get better yields using both
organic (manure, compost, fish emulsion, seaweed) and inorganic
fertilizers. Or, consider a time-release fertilizer formulated for
vegetables and flowers. The plant doesn't care about brands, just
that you feed it.