Old 26-04-2009, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Veggie Flowers - Bean-flowers_Paint2.jpg (1/1)

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Donn Thorson" wrote...
2005: Painted Lady Runner Bean...originated in the 16th century.

Nice flowers Donn but I'm not sure the beans are so good for eating as some
of the modern varieties of Runner Beans.

I grow Painted Lady (up the side of a garage in Reading) and the only
fault I've found's the shape of the flowers.

They're even herbaceous in a reasonably mild winter. I'm waiting to see
if the roots survived last winter, though I've sown some seed too.

--
Sue ]