Old 27-04-2009, 07:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Organic Vegetable Fertilizer

"The Cowboy" wrote in message
I am starting a graden and wanted input on an Organic Fertilizer for
Vegetables

I want to try to grow lettuce, jalapenos, cilantro, and tomatoes.

Thoughts?

I grow tomatoes in pots in nothing but pecan leaf compost with a bag of
cheap manure mixed in. I only feed them a blender full of egg shells, banana
peels, coffee grounds, and a little molasses poured in a gallon of rainwater
a couple of times a season.

I like getting a 50lb bag each of alfalfa pellets and dried molasses from
Buck Moore Feed store on Lamar. I just called and they're around $13 a bag.

Coffee grounds from Starbucks are free......