Old 27-04-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Worms

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/snips/

Apropos this, does anyone know if the 'weedkiller in manure' problem has
now been solved or overcome in any way? I don't recall reading of an
outcome to that particular problem.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

No its on going and is especially bad in horse manure as this weed killer
deals with ragwort in pasture and is used a lot for fields that will be
both silage and hay/haylage, seems its up to all the people in the chain
to be aware that the resulting dung is no good for garden fertilizer (all
though apparently ok to spead on fields)Because the container has clear
warnings on it warning of the side effects goverment/eu will not act to
withdraw it

Thanks, Charlie. It's important urglers and those new to growing their
own should be aware of this.

What's the weedkiller's name? I've disunforgotten.

--
Rusty