Old 27-04-2009, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sprinkler pipe questions

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:14:19 -0700 (PDT), z
wrote:

On Apr 25, 8:22*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
*And what about soaker hose.
I know there are various capacity of emitters, is that the same for soaker
hoses?

i'm a soaker hose guy. comes in a couple of different diameters, which
i figure relates to output rate. otherwise i haven't seen it rated.
as seemed obvious to me, i just calibrate it by sticking it in a
bucket, hooking it up to the appropriate pressure, and calculating the
gallons per minute per foot.

I tried soaker hoses, but no more. The lower end weeps more water
leaving the uphill end dry. Maybe it works better on level ground, I
don't know. Anyone that wants my soaker hose can have it.