Old 27-04-2009, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Mint - favorite varieties - Thanks !!!

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:35:29 -0400,
wrote:

I'm thinking about starting a few mint plants in containers... as a
starting point for
using plants for culinary purposes..

Before plunking down the money for whatever is being sold locally, are
there
specific mint plants that you would recommend for their taste and use in
cooking ??

Are there any mint plants used specifically for fragrance ??

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations !!

Peter

ps.... easter lillies have been planted and are still developing new pods
and blossoms... amazing plant...

Thanks all for your helpful responses.....

I'll be trying the varieties you've suggested... it would be nice to try
something
homegrown, instead of store bought.

As suspected... I was cruising the local 'Wally's World' today... they had
one
type of plant labelled "mentha". No other information given.

Thanks for rec. gardens

Peter

I assume you queried mint in my last post.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.