Old 27-04-2009, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default B*stards! [1/1]

In message , joevan
writes

We used stale beer or left over beer in containers recessed in the
ground around plants years ago. The slugs would fall in and sizzle. It
seemes to get rid of them real fast. That was 30 plus years ago so I
may not be right on it now, but it may be worth a try.

What nationality beer? Ours is fatal to molluscs only when they drink
themselves to death which is a waste of beer.

Or crushed egg shells around the base of the plants? I should not even
suggest such things as I'm a vegetarian and can not promote such, but
if someone else in the house eats eggs, I can not suggest throwing the
shells away, so asking for the leftover shells with a grand smile works
very well!

Would chopped snail shells work? I am not a vegetarian. No British
gardener can have ethical objections to killing molluscs.
When I'm dead they can eat me.

--
Sue ];(