Old 14-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Jennifer from Colorado

Default Climate zones

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:01:52 -0600, "John S. DeBoo"
wrote:

I'm in Albuquerque which I'm told is zone 7, and looking in a few
books they too show zone 7 (large US maps). However I snagged a
copy of Sunsets "Western Garden Book" from the local library
Saturday and it shows me in zone 10 (state map and of course more
detailed than a US map). Could this be an error? 3 zones is an
awfully big discrepancy. It doesn't show a 7 in the entire state!

Before you ask, No, I've not contacted a nursery - YET - since
reading this as I just ran across it an hour ago.

Sunset zones are different (and more precise) than USDA zones. You
would be in USDA zone 7, and most zone-info given in nurseries is
USDA-based. If it's Sunset, they'll call it out specifically.

Jennifer from Colorado