Old 28-04-2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
\Clive Holden\ \Clive Holden\ is offline

Default Ducks!!!

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
I looked out my mindow this morinng to find a duck swimming in my
pond... I thought it was very cool to see.. After a few minutes he
flew away.. within an hour he came back with a friend..

Again thought it was pretty cool... then I thought to myself.."What do
ducks eat?" Should I be worried about my koi? As to what kind of
ducks they are, one was brown the other had a green head.

Thanks

Congrats you have a "nesting pair"! The brown one is female and the other
male. Your koi should be pretty safe if a little nervous! Ducks are
generally veggies and will be quite happy feeding on bits of weed and other
vegetation and maybe a few bugs. They are, however, pretty incontinent and
your pump / filter may struggle to cope with all their crap!

Hope this helps

Clive in Kent