Old 28-04-2009, 06:27 PM
reguiny reguiny is offline
Registered User

Location: Reguiny France
Cool 60ft Laurel Trees

I have moved into a house in France and on one side of the garden are what I think are Californian Laurel. They have been allowed to grow wild and some reach 60ft. Whilst I want to retain the Laurel as a wind break they must be cut down as some are interfering with both Telephone and Mains Cables.
Not being experianced with these trees I wonder if any of the forum would be kind enough to advise the best way to approach this problem.
Also can Laurel be trained into a layered hedge by half cutting and bending the stems semi horizontal.

MAny thanks in advance