Old 28-04-2009, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Mower and mulching.

g'day mark,

for me mate it is one or the other.

i have seen mowers that are supposed to be convertable to a mulching
mower by the addition of a cover or sorts, just doesn't do the job
properly, because at the end of the day the mower and the cutting
system are designed to cut and catch grass.

if you are going to mulch the lawn with clip as you cut then you need
to cut the lawn as high as possible for me that is 1 notch below max'
height. we have a rear catcher mower and we leave the clip on raking
any over burden or sweeping it around to spread it, this has worked
well for us for a long time now.

when you start doing this you may need to mow that extra couple times
or more often through the growing season this to minimise overburden.

now back to purpose built mulching mowers, flymo's nearly come into
this category, but the one i am familiar with was bolens mowers made a
good purpose built machine not sure if they still do but maybe someone
does.

would doubt that if the mulching option was not an accessory option
with your mower that there is going to be any adaption for you.

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:46:31 +0100, "mark" wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--