Old 28-04-2009, 11:45 PM
naya69 naya69 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris anthem um View Post
your enthusiasm should win you half the battle, did you put holes, (seedlings need drainage) in your plastic containers? if not i would make a few in bottom of your containers. a waterlogged seed may sprout but will quickly die. try to keep your compost damp but not wet a daily sprinkle should do the trick. the seeds should have sprouted within 3 weeks , most likely sooner if you did not plant them too deep, depending on how many seeds you planted in the same container you may have to thin them out, ( you could move these on to a slightly larger pot or plant in final garden position) add some fertilizer a few days after the transplant to kick them along.i have used the cardboard egg cartons with great results i raise my seeds in them and then plant whole 'pot' in final position, 12 mini pots per carton and they break down in weeks. ps all the above info should help a bit, but i am a tropical climate gardener....and with so many variables in your question it might pay for you too ask questions on this site in stages ie seeds,transplant,fertilizer,location,care etc good luck and god bless.

Seldom do we realise why, Why do we seldom realise ?
yer i forgot about the holes in the bottom of the tray will fix that problem tomorrow it did actually cross my mind at one point thanks for the advice people and im sure i will be bk with more questions x