Old 29-04-2009, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Iris were yellow, now blue

Hiked to Emery Gap Falls in the Cumberland mountains this morning and
saw thousands of wild iris in bloom. I noticed slight color changes
from one location to another, some having yellow centers, others
white, but all were blue. Darker blues where there were open
canopies, and pale blues in shadier areas. Every wild iris looked
like a miniature to what is in my garden.