Old 29-04-2009, 12:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Ducks!!!

On Apr 28, 10:04 am, "\"Clive Holden\"
wrote:
"Peter Pan" wrote in message

I looked out my mindow this morinng to find a duck swimming in my
pond... I thought it was very cool to see.. After a few minutes he
flew away.. within an hour he came back with a friend..

Again thought it was pretty cool... then I thought to myself.."What do
ducks eat?" Should I be worried about my koi? As to what kind o

ducks they are, one was brown the other had a green head.

Thanks

Congrats you have a "nesting pair"! The brown one is female and the other
male. Your koi should be pretty safe if a little nervous! Ducks are
generally veggies and will be quite happy feeding on bits of weed and oth

er
vegetation and maybe a few bugs. They are, however, pretty incontinent an

your pump / filter may struggle to cope with all their crap!

Hope this helps

Clive in Kent

Your feet may suffer as ducks walk & crap at the same time. Several
friends who live on a lake say it is a big problem and they have all
stopped feeding the ducks as you couldn't walk anywhere without
stepping in duck doo.No more barefeet.
Good Luck, Nanzi