Old 29-04-2009, 05:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dale P Dale P is offline

Default Weed & Feed Products

"Sled" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a novice but passionate about getting my lawn looking beautiful.
Following much research, I think I understand the fundamentals of lawn
care and I am now trying to source the best products to treat my lawn
through the seasons. I'm currently using Evergreen Complete (first
time) but I think this is a public consumer product and definitely not
what a professional would use.

What do the pro's use to periodically weed and feed their lawns and who
vends these ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sled

--
Sled

I don't know where you got the idea that Weed and Feed was good, but it is
not. Get a good fertilizer, many areas have local brands, with slow
release. Get a spray bottle or pump gallon of Weed B Gone, or other brand
(Bayer) of broadleaf weed killer. Use it only where you have a weed. This
way you avoid over application of herbicide. Only putting it on the weed
you want to kill. Buy the concentrate of the product to refill the pump
bottle as needed. You will find that once the weeds are under control, and
your property is maintained, that weed control takes very little time and
chemical. Do the most with the least chemical.

Later,

Dale P