Old 29-04-2009, 07:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Weed & Feed Products

On Apr 29, 12:27*am, "Dale P" wrote:
"Sled" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a novice but passionate about getting my lawn looking beautiful.
Following much research, I think I understand the fundamentals of lawn
care and I am now trying to source the best products to treat my lawn
through the seasons. I'm currently using Evergreen Complete (first
time) but I think this is a public consumer product and definitely not
what a professional would use.

What do the pro's use to periodically weed and feed their lawns and who
vends these ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sled

--
Sled

I don't know where you got the idea that Weed and Feed was good, but it is
not. *Get a good fertilizer, many areas have local brands, with slow
release. *Get a spray bottle or pump gallon of Weed B Gone, or other brand
(Bayer) of broadleaf weed killer. *Use it only where you have a weed. *This
way you avoid over application of herbicide. *Only putting it on the weed
you want to kill. *Buy the concentrate of the product to refill the pump
bottle as needed. *You will find that once the weeds are under control, and
your property is maintained, that weed control takes very little time and
chemical. *Do the most with the least chemical.

Later,

Dale P- Hide quoted text -

+1

The most effective weed control is to have a healthy, thick, lawn that
blocks out most of the weeds on it's own. The few that manage to
grow, you can easily and most effectivelyh deal with by using a tank
sprayer that delivers the herbicide directly and very effectively to
the small spots where it's needed.