Old 29-04-2009, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Courgette Q

"Donna UK" wrote in message
Hi All

I am growing a courgette for the first time and have just noticed that my
baby seedling, now producing its 5th and 6th leaf, is also producing
flower buds! Its the round courgette tri colour seeds that I grew and
still have it in a 10cm pot on the window sill. Do I leave the flowers on
or take them off at the moment. I am going to get some more compost and
pot it up to a black flower bucket later today...

Donna

Same here - my "golden zucchini" have got very big in their pots.. lots of
leaves and now lots of flower buds...yet I don't want to put out into the
garden until risk of frosts has passed. Also got a yellow & a green 'patty
pan' type summer squash & a round green one ( diNizza I think ).. I may have
lots of squashes, courgettes and tomatoes this summer.. I shall be very,
very healthy if I do. ;-)