Old 29-04-2009, 12:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Bunch of Buntings

jeang wrote:

"jOhN" wrote in message
We have had 4 Indigo and 2 Painted buntings hanging out by our feeder
for a couple of days. Woohoo!

jOhN

Boy how lucky can you get - I have only seen pictures of those beautiful
birds. Can I ask - how do you keep cats away from your feeders? My
neighbors lovely friendly orange cat who I very much like is at my
feeder almost twice a week. He is not the least afraid of coyoye pee -
if you'll excuse the expression. Any suggestions? Jean Vancouver BC

My two Boston Terriers may be out in the yard any time and the cats know
it. The feeder is also located in a open area so they can see what's
happening.

jOhN