Old 14-04-2003, 05:20 AM
B & J

Default forcynthia? Forsythia!!!

"Cdonahey41" wrote in message
If the forsythia are pruned heavily during the year, to keep them within

their
contained space, you have been cutting off the buds or the places where

the
flowers will bud.

I finally removed my forsythia because of ths problem. I had a little

bit of
bloom and it was never going to get better.

You slightly shape forsythia after they bloom and let them grow

Forsythia can be pruned hard immediately after they bloom. Any new growth
during the ensuing summer will bloom the following spring. To keep an old
plant in bounds, we cut about a third of the old stems to the grounds each
year.

John