Old 29-04-2009, 05:52 PM
MohammedM MohammedM is offline
Registered User

Smile Bamboos for hedging

Hello

I am considering planting a row of bamboo hedging along the inside of a 45m garden perimeter to provide a pleasant yet thick screen above the 6 foot timber fences and enable me to plant strawberry bushes and flowering plants in the ground to give foiliage and make use of the emptiness around the canes. A friend suggested Yushania Anceps would make a good screen. Does anyone have experience of this type of Bamboo for hedging?

Looking at some of the websites these are sold in 5, 10, 20 litres containers – how much screening would a 20 litre container produce and therefore what quantities do you think I would need for my 45metre perimeter? and what kind of prices should I be loooking to pay?

I live in greater Manchester post code OL11. Are there any local suppliers anyone can recommend i the North West?

Thanks

Mohammed Maherban