Old 14-04-2003, 05:32 AM
bern muller

Default plants on milk crates

Dennis wrote in message
m...

missing something???? One concern is that our koi may get caught in
the openings to the crate (like a gill net). We haven't thought of a
solution to this potential problem yet. Any input on this concern or
the concept of using milk crates for plants in general (or a better
suggestion for something to set the plants on) would be much
appreciated. Thanks in advance! Dennis

Koi are pretty smart. I doubt they'd get caught. Some fish may even like the
crates as protection. The only problem I can think of is that a tower of
crates with pot on top will be top heavy and could tip over in a storm. You
could wire some bricks or rocks to the crates if that becomes a problem.