Old 29-04-2009, 07:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Mice in garden now in house

g'day john,

Question to all: is the antechinus totally carnivorous, to the extent
that I could safely put out a grain-based rat poison to nab any pest
rodents with no likelihood of harming the native species?

good question hope we can get an answer, i had never given it much
thought as i felt the native rodents had a different food chain to the
ferrel ones, as it is only the ferrel models that want to live in our
homes with us. and in all the baiting we have done for the ferrel's we
have never seen anything but dead ferrel's.

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:35:22 +0000 (UTC), John Savage
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev