Old 29-04-2009, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] is offline

Default Dumb Illegal Workers At It Again? RAW ALFALFA SPROUTS LINKED TO SALMONELLA CONTAMINATION

"Mycosimian" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 10:06 am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he and his
sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of Americans to do
certain
types of work. I challenge anyone to find 100 typical teenagers who'd
agree
to bust their asses harvesting broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for
the
legal minimum wage. Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot,
crowded restaurant kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of work and
it didn't kill me." That's one. I want 100.

There are people willing to do those jobs for those low wages because
it is a hell of a lot better than lying down on the cold, hard earth
and starving to death. I pretty sure that most of us here are lucky
enough to have other options. Anyone willing to work should be allowed
to go wherever there is work for them.

People might argue that we are losing jobs in this country by the
hundreds of thousands, but these are likely the same people who are
too lazy to pick their own vegetables, wash their own dishes, and
scrub their own toilets.

Exactly. There's also "You just sprayed WHAT on this field???"