Old 14-04-2003, 06:20 AM
jammer

Default Pond Mystery

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:16:55 -0700, ~ jan
wrote:

A pond mystery.

I found a body of a small fish had washed up on a rock in my bigger koi
pond. I picked it off to find one of my larger black moor babies (Nickle
size), from the tub about 6-8 feet from the ponds, with half its face gone.
I am stumped. A raccoon, typical head eaters I believe (or do they leave
the head?), would have trashed the tub. A bird, of any type, would have
eaten it whole, right? It sure couldn't have jump from tub to pond. I saw
the one orange fantail in the tub and lots of the tiny black moors still in
there. Any other ideas? ~ jan

I vote for, it was already said, it was chomped on after it died from
whatever reason.