Old 30-04-2009, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Runner Beans

On 30/04/09 10:44, wafflycat wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:51:39 +0100, "mark" wrote:

This evening I planted out 24 runner beans. As they are flopping
about like
er..um ..something floppy I would like to tie them to the canes to
give them
the idea.
My question is: which way do they grow, clock or anti?

In my recollection they go anticlockwise but I haven't even planted
mine yet so I'm relying on memory.

mark

Pam in Bristol

Just been out to check mine - they are all turning anticlockwise as they
climb upwards.

Mine all go anti-clockwise too!!

They are planted in a row that runs North-South. So, they are not
following the Sun. Exact opposite in fact!!

Then again, which way does your bathwater swirl when you pull the plug?

Are all these things different for the northern and southern hemispheres?

Ed (UK)