Old 30-04-2009, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default more AOS gloom

OD is $34 for a year..... i've found a lot of their articles to be
more technical than the AOS bull, but either i'm getting more
knowledgeable, or they're getting a little more mainstream, as i find
them easier to get thru now. (and i LOVE the 3d thing--but then, i
can do it naked-eyed; tougher with the bifocals.)

either way, i read both mags cover to cover, so i guess i'm getting my
gifts' worth.

"The Miami show this year was a bust. Maybe because attendees had to shell

out a total of $25 before walking in the door? Ya think? Many vendors
have
said they will not return to Miami next year."

--eGADS that's a lot--was there anything else going on besides the
show/sale? i paid $50 for a day at the WOC, but it also got me two or
three lectures as well as the rest of the stuff...

--j_a