Old 30-04-2009, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Carrots not making much Progress

In message ,
TheScullster writes
Hi all

As subject really.
For 2-3 weeks grass seed has sprouted to a height of about 1" and done
nothing else!
Is this normal, or is the growth being checked by conditions in some way?
(Sorry can't remember variety, but location is East Yorkshire)
TIA
Phil

I have some (early Nantes) in a container, under a sheet of glass, and
they have also stopped at about 1" double leaf stage. I suspect
that underground container rabbits are pulling them back! :-)

I wondered whether to remove the glass...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply