Old 30-04-2009, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Runner Beans

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these
words:

Mine have been out for a couple of weeks... they are thriving here in
mid-Norfolk. I sowed mine in paper pots filled with compost and had
them on a sunny windowsill for germination. I just kept the compost
moist and up they popped. indeed they were getting on for a foot
tall when I
planted them
out. I kept putting it off and putting it off.. but they just kept on
growing. So I keep an eye on the temperature for risk of frost. So
far.. so good. But I do have a few ready to pop out if Mother Nature
decides to kick me up the backside and teach me a lesson...

You'd do well to buy a length of fleece...

Do you mean real fleece? I spin all mine...