Old 30-04-2009, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Smith Judith Smith is offline

Default Courgette Q

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:24:33 +0100, "wafflycat"

c.uk...
On 2009-04-29, Pam Moore wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:09:53 +0100, "Donna UK"
wrote:

I am growing a courgette for the first time and have just noticed that my
baby seedling, now producing its 5th and 6th leaf, is also producing
flower
buds! Its the round courgette tri colour seeds that I grew and still
have
it in a 10cm pot on the window sill. Do I leave the flowers on or take
them
off at the moment. I am going to get some more compost and pot it up to
black flower bucket later today...

I think you have sown the seed a bit early. I don't sow mine until
early May.

Phew! I thought it was just me. I normally sow mine end of april,
begining
of may. I did mine last weekend, and they're just begining to break the
surface around now. I'll give them a couple of weeks before I move them
outdoors.

-Paul

My First Courgette ;-)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e001290409.jpg