Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Mycosimian Mycosimian is offline

Default Dumb subject line changed to protect sensitivities

On May 1, 7:14*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:45:20 +1000, "Rod Speed"

News flash, the illegals in Texas build almost 90 percent of homes,
roofs, pools, roads, fences, masonry, iron work, plasterers, painters,
window installation, warranty work, delivery, pick-up, and just about
any job involving a wood frame including the frame is done by illegal
and legal immigrants. *And they do it for slave wages in the heat, day
after day and never complain. *NEVER complain. *

I will search for the statistics, but I remember reading that the
number of illegal workers in the state of Texas far outnumbers the
number of unemployed legal workers. Many of those legal workers are
likely resistant to the idea of working their asses off for minimum
wage. Get rid of all the illegals and the veggies will not be picked,
the local economy will collapse.