Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default wormery - feed them meat?

On Fri, 1 May 2009 00:03:42 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Judith Smith wrote:

I have had a wormery for the last couple of years - very
successful - and I would recommend to anyone.

Up to now I have only put in vegetable matter and newspaper.

I have read that you can put "anything which has lived" in - (but not
onions and citrus).

I have made some chicken soup - I have binned the carcass and bones -
but what about the vegetable/meat "mush" that is left at the end of
the simmering process.

Give it to the worms?

Try a bit and see if they like it.

I've had my wormery for ten years or so, and I have fed soup to my

But not hot with a bread roll on the side?
;-)

worms, on the very odd occasion when there was some left, and it
did them no harm - but I've never fed them any meat on its own.
(Probably because we don't eat - or leave - meat very often?)

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk