Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tree identification

In message , Spider
writes

"james1" jamesjampot@g00glemaildotcom wrote in message

Hello

Can anyone here please help me identify this tree growing near my home
in London?

I hope the images are clear enough to see...

These were taken today (30th April).

[image: http://i40.tinypic.com/2a65o8w.jpg]
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/jhx210.jpg]
[image: http://i41.tinypic.com/2uo3vyg.jpg]
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/2diivwn.jpg]

Thanks in advance

--
james1

Hard to tell at the moment, James. It looks as if it's about to flower.
Any chance of a picture showing the blossom?

Spider

It looks as if all the leaves and blossom are way up high where it's not
possible to get a good photograph.

I'd suggest Pyrus communis (pear) or Prunus avium (bird cherry), both of
which can get pretty big, but it's not easy to identify.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley