Old 14-04-2003, 07:44 AM
alwynne mackie

Default Shell Ginger

Shell ginger is the common name for Hedychium speciosum. Is this what you
are refering to? It is a beautiful ginger (non-edible) growing to about 8
feet here in Melbourne. I have seen it growing where it gets some sun, but
not full sun - though that may be ok too, for all I know.
Alwynne

"SUNSHINE" wrote in message
I have just purchased a ginger bulb and would like some advice on how to
grow it, I get some bad frosts at times but can put it under trees, does

it
like shade and should I wait till winter is past before planting it out,
some advice as to the size it will grow and it's requirements will be
appreciated..
Sunshine.