Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Compost question

"Ruby Hare" wrote in message
Hello all,

I was just wondering if it was possible to compost mussel shells (or
indeed any other shellfish)? There I was gaily throwing the moule
scraps into the bin after an absolute wow of a dinner, when I thought
hang on a minute. I'm not dedicated enough to rummage through the bin
(ugh) but it would be useful to know for next time. Not sure if they'd
rot down though.

Cheers,
Wendy

I endorse the other good suggestions, and also wonder if they could be used
as a layer of crocks in the bottom of pots, but only for lime lovers, i.e.
dianthus, clematis, et al.

Spider