Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tahi Tahi is offline

Default Well Well an update

I am now wondering what age this contraption can be. I am assured that
when
our house was built mains water was available so no need for a well. It
must therefore have been installed for the old hall in the grounds of
which our house was built. Anyone have any idea how old the pump might be
from the picture? Interestingly it still works, and the bronze (or
whatever its made from) bolts undo easily as does the gland nut. Also of
interest to me is that although the bolts appear the same size all the
heads vary a bit in size, hand made perhaps? Sadly I can't find a date or
manufacturers mark anywhere. I shall clean it up a bit and post another
picture soon.

Mike

You sound to be having fun!

I suggest you ask about your pump at the uk.rec.engines.stationary
newsgroup - they are usually a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.