Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Wilson[_2_] Chris Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Staining ends of cut off branches on Leylandii trunk?

On 2009-05-01 23:15:56 +0100, Chris Wilson said:

I have trimmed off the lower branches of two Leylandii type trees either
side of our front gates. The reulting stubs are very noticeable, being very
pale in colour. What can i use to make the stubs less obtrusive that won't
harm the trees please? Thanks. they are about 18 years old and about 35
feet high, so well established.

A handful of muddy soil applied a few times.

That's cheap enough for me, was expecting to buy a bottle of something
"exotic" Muddy soil is something of which we have aplenty

Thanks.