Old 14-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Mike

Default Annual Rainfall

In article . network,
Dave Liquorice writes

We are not abstracting it.

Hence my use of quotes around the word...

I did pick that up and was just confirming :-)

We will be storing it and will be returning it to the ground at our
convenience.

Oh I agree but I'm not so sure the water board will. But it appears
you have been through those hoops before but I still expect them to
try and levy some charge on you.

Your comment above about trying to levy a charge on me set the 'Grey
matter' into gear. I am at the moment battling with the Southern Water
and the Isle of Wight County Council over rainwater being unable to
enter the sewers during a flash flood. The 2 houses opposite me have
been flooded to above floor board level, 4 times in the last 16 years.
Isle of Wight Council say its a Southern Water Board problem, they in
turn say it's the Council's problem. After threatening 'substantial
claim' possibilities if they don't sort it out, I have at last got them
to alter the roadway and pavements to take the water away instead of
pouring down driveways and thence into their houses.

BUT, as they both admit that the sewers themselves are not big enough,
and that they are soon to undertake a large Sewer replacement scheme, (I
have a meeting with relevant parties on 28th April), I will be doing
them a favour by storing the water instead of even more water pouring
into their sewers at a time when they admit themselves, are unable to
cope.

I will therefore levy a charge on them for holding their rain water as
it falls and returning it to the water table for their extraction later.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more